With the goal of returning the Nets franchise to it's former glory (two ABA titles in the 1970s) Mikhail Prokhorov would made a wise decision to place Sean Shapiro behind the bench during the 2010-11 season and beyond.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Apparently I didn't get the job


According to a report by ESPN the Nets have agreed to hire Avery Johnson as their next coach, filling the position that I applied for but never got the interview. While Mr. Johnson may be the glamorous choice, New Jersey needed a home grown talent that understands what Net basketball means to the state.

Born in state, I grew up with the Nets, watching them rise from a middle of the road franchise to an Eastern Conference power with the likes of Jason Kidd and Vince Carter. I was also there for the downfall, witnessing the 12-70 season and even contemplating fan free agency. Where was Avery during this process? Sitting at a nice plush desk giving half time analysis that my friends Nick or Craig could have given with their eyes closed.

The Nets made the wrong choice, you'll be hearing more from me on this later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment